Overview Of PLL System Of Care
WEEK 1: UNDERSTANDING WHY YOUR TEEN MISBEHAVES
- Why the teen creatively uses things like substance abuse, disrespect, running away or violence to commit acts of "parent abuse" to continually defeat parents tryilang to regain control of their household.
WEEK 2: BUTTON-PUSHING + ONE-ON-ONE COACHING
- Teaches adolescents and parents how and why button-pushing creates conflict and confrontation. Shows both adolescents and parents how to identify the top three buttons that each pushes to escalate arguments.
WEEK 3: WHY TRADITIONAL CONTRACTS FAIL AND THE ART OF NEGOTIAION + ONE-ON-ONE COACHING
- Teaches adolescents and parents why their current contracts fail.
- Teaches adolescents how to design their own rewards.
- Teaches both adolescents and parents the Art of Negotiation, or "It's not what you say but how you say it."
WEEK 4: WRITING NEW CONTRACTS AND THE USE OF EMOTIONAL WARM-UPS + ONE-ON-ONE COACHING
- Teaches parents how to write their first loophole-free contracts.
- Teaches parents through role plays to deliver the contracts without their buttons being pushed.
- Teaches adolescents the button buster of "Being Unpredictable" to reduce conflict and enhance the relationship.
WEEK 5: PULLING IT ALL TOGETHER + ONE-ON-ONE COACHING
- Parents will learn creative consequences to stop behaviors like (a) Extreme Disrespect (b) Running Away, (c) Alcohol and Drug Use, (d) Sexual Promiscuity, (e) Threats or Acts of Violence; (f) Threats of Suicide.
- Teaches parents how to create a Positive Teen Report Certificate to catch their teen doing something right.
WEEK 6: RESTORING LOST NURTURANCE AND TENDERNESS + ONE-ON-ONE COACHING IF NEEDED
- Educate adolescents and parents on Reactive Attachment Disorder and how noncompliance skyrockets.
- Teaches how the fine line between love and dislike works and why there is a current lack of nurturance.
WEEK 7 AND BEYOND: Coaching Continues Especially for youth on probation or youth exiting residential or group homes until:
- In Home (No running away)
- In School (No truancy, suspension)
- No Law Violations (2 consecutive wks)